Would you like to guide your puppy to be a safe, sociable and manageable member of your family
and the wider community?
Puppy School is very important first step to start socializing and training your puppy.
At Tasmanian Animal Hospitals, our Puppy School classes are run held in a secure, safe environment and take into account your puppy’s temperament and confidence level.
Classes are run weekly at our Bellerive Clinic on weekday evenings.
Puppies over 8-16 weeks of age are invited to attend once they have had their first vaccination.
10 reasons to choose Tasmanian Animal Hospitals for your Puppy School
- Small classes. We have restrict numbers to 4-6 puppies so that you and your puppy can have individual attention.
- Plenty of play. Puppies are socialized with other dogs (and humans) in a safe and fun manner, with plenty of play time.
- Evidence based. Training methods are based on proven scientific methods (Operant and Classical Conditioning).
- Positive training. You will learn to use positive, reward-based training, rather than dominance or punishment.
- Fundamental commands – Puppies will learn the most important cues such as sit, stay, come and heel, followed by a few “party tricks”.
- Avoid problem behaviours. Discuss how to stop problem behaviours like jumping up, barking or play biting.
- Densensitisation. We will start to desensitise puppies to new experiences such as having their nails trimmed or their teeth brushed.
- Health care tips. Important health care for your puppy such as worming, flea treatment and vaccinations will also be discussed.
- Written notes. Take-home information sheets are provided each weeks for you to share with the family or refer to later.
- All welcome! Family members are encouraged to come along, including children.
If you have any further questions about puppy class, please feel free! You are welcome to chat with our puppy class instructors, Shannon and Kylie, over the phone or in person.
Places fill up very quickly, so please call to book your puppy in for Puppy Class as soon as possible.
We all look forward to meeting you, your puppy and family soon!
Puppy School Enquiry
If you would like to enquire about Puppy classes by e-mail, please contact us